Vocal, Choral and Conducting Courses
- One of the most holistic summer choral, vocal and conducting workshop you will ever attend
- No competition! no judgement!..Joy in learning and making music
- Mind-blowing way to get your choral, vocal and conducting recertification or renewal education hours
The VoiceCare Network invites you to rejuvenate your passion for the voice and transform your knowledge by immersing yourself in a creative, hands-on, 8-day graduate level course (4 semester credits/53 contact hours).
Registration for credits can be now or later. You may register for credits with your fee for the course, or your may register when you arrive at St. John's University at the start of the course.
Wherever you are in your learning continuum our Bodymind and Voice summer course is for you.
Bodymind and Voice Course gives you tools to:
- Empower whole expressive human beings
- Sing and teach without straining your voice
- Meet your singers where THEY are
- Create a learning environment where every singer can thrive
- Teach voice within the choral setting
- Identify voice problems and provide solutions
- Prevent vocal fatigue at the end of the teaching day
- Explore movement and physical freedom
- Support voice health
In Addition we offer:
- Faculty committed to practicing what they teach
- Speech/Voice Pathologist on Staff
- Daily movement classes
- Small groups voice exploration sessions
- Voice Master Classes
- Chair massage
- Optional video recording of your larynx with ENT
- Optional voice health consultations for injured voices
The Bodymind and Voice Course (AKA the Impact Course), was founded 30 years ago by Dr. Leon Thurman, one of the pioneers in applying science and evidence based information to voice education. As our understanding of the human system explodes with recent developments in technology and neuroscience research the VoiceCare Network continues to be on the cutting-edge of voice education. Take this fantastic for music education!